Saturday, January 26, 2013

Struck by Luck in Star Struck City


Today's piece brings back lots of memories of one of my trips to the city of fame and stars, “Hollywood.” The exact location where I found this treasure was right next to the Kodak Theatre and the “Walk of Fame.” To be honest, I enjoyed seeing people's response to the “Walk of Fame” more than looking for names of familiar stars. The visitors are always full of smiles as they stand in the spot where their idols have once stood and take pictures imagining that their idols are right beside them.



Ok, back to the treasure trove. The store is one that I am sure all girls and women alike are familiar with, Forever 21. Although my first experience with Forever 21 was not the greatest, (I needed a finishing piece for an outfit and wasn't sure of the perfect color. When I came back the next day I discovered that they had a store credit only policy. Not the best first impression.) Currently, I have to admit that few places have the styles and trends at the prices that they offer. Also shopping at Forever 21 is often like a treasure hunt. There is just so much and it can be overwhelming if you don't have something specific in mind. For me, I am always a light packer on vacations and I needed some finishing touches for my outfit for our night out.


Finding this ring was a stroke of luck. The ring was the last of its kind buried under a pile of forgotten treasures. In addition, the ring still had all the gems in it. Often times rings with this many embellishments in a store like Forever 21 will have lost at least one or two stones. It was just meant to be. Later that night the sparkle of that ring brought on more than one pleasant encounter. A conversation piece is always nice to have when you are out on the town.


Although I could not find the exact ring online, I did find some similar ones on the Forever 21 website. In addition, a google search for floral filagree rings brings up results for more variations of this type of design. I leave it up to you to find your perfect conversation starter.


1 comment:

  1. This ring is really beautiful!

    http://tanjaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete