Monday, February 11, 2013

Infinite Love of...


It is that day...
When couples will express their love in an infinite number of ways.
When they will show that they will love for an infinite number of days.
When they will promise to find each other by crossing distances beyond the sun rays.
When they will declare an infinite love that no one can sway.



As much as I would like to express that infinite love, I have not found that mystery man who would return that infinite love. Hopefully I will meet him some day soon. Well, until then, I will explore the infinite number of possibilities.


Today I wore my striped infinity scarf to the Hayes Valley District in San Francisco. I could see love in the air in all its stages in life. I saw the sweet hearts sharing ice cream from Smittens; I could see a fiance showing off her ring at the beer garden; and I could see husband and wife watching their little ones climb the jungle gym in the park.


Past the love filled park, past the consignment store, past the sample sales, past the fashion show, past the boutique jewelry, and into a heart filled store. I could spend an infinite number of hours scanning the unique finds in Hayes Valley, but Chantal Guillon was calling out to me. The first time I heard of their macarons was at a restaurant where someone received a rainbow assortment of their delectable pastries. Their bright colors made them the quick attention grabbers. Later, as I asked around about where I could find the best tasting macarons, everyone recommended the same place, Chantal Guillon (formerly Paulette's).

Today's trip was to buy a box for my friend to try, but I could not help but grab a few for myself. With the goodies in hand, I found a nice comfortable spot by the park. Then I snuggled under my scarf with a hot cup of my favorite coffee and wolfed down 3 of the macarons (sorry new years resolution, don't look). Each one melted in my mouth as I took one tiny bite after another. 


Hopefully, one day soon I will split those macarons while snuggled with my mystery man... Happy Valentines Day Everyone.


3 comments: