Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Secret to 16 Hours in Stilettos


Not too long ago I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid for a close member of my family. I got to be part of that very special day for her and was able to bond in a way unlike any other. I got to share lots of her firsts with her new partner in life including “The First Look,” (the moment when the groom first sees his blushing bride in white).



In addition, I also got to experience a lot of firsts of my own. I got my first mani-pedi. I got my hair and make-up done professionally (at 4:30 in the morning). And I got to ride on a San Francisco cable car for the first time. I liked how the bride's chariot of choice for the wedding was a symbol of where we were from. (I know living in San Francisco I should have tried it before, but locals generally see the cable cars as more of a touristy thing. Although, I do know a few friends that hop on to avoid the climb up one of San Francisco's well known hills.)


Now on to the focal point of today's entry, the Stilettos. The Bride was nice enough to provide beautiful Jessica Simpson Nude Heels for all the girls. The heel height was actually not too high and they were quite comfortable, but walking in heels for more than 4-5 hours from one photo shoot to the next can do some damage. This is why I am so thankful to one of the girls for sharing her secret with me. We covered our feet with an athletics anti-chafing balm (Athletes use “Body Glide” to avoid skin irritations from the constant movement of fabric against their skin as they do their thing). Thus, by the end of the day, although I had sore muscles in my feet, I didn't have a single blister. My feet looked the same as they did that morning.


One of the places these shoes trekked through on that special day was Crissy Fields. It was really an interesting experience to try walking naturally with the stiletto stuck a half inch into the grass with each step as we were being filmed. (Lots of giggles in between takes and behind the cameras. Also another first, I got to experience being filmed by a professional who directed all our movements and angles).


I was lucky enough to visit this beautiful vista again where I discovered the Central store for Sports Basement. This location had one of the largest collection of everything sports I have ever seen. (Sports Basement is where I picked up the Body Glide.) Also while I was taking pictures for this blog, I had a little visitor to the photo shoot. I wish I was a little faster to get better shots, but I was afraid any quick movement and “flip flap” he'd be gone. (He seemed to like the Jessica Simpson Stilettos too. He came by twice to look at the shoes while I was trying to photograph a different project).


Thank You for the chance to reminisce about the past and to create new memories.   


Note: Sorry I couldn't find the exact shoes, the closest I could find were the Jessica Simpson Nude Pumps. Not the same, but beautiful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment