Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Post, First Covet

I want to commemorate my first ever post on a blog by sharing an item that I have been coveting during the holidays. I happen to have a birthday that has always fallen on finals week. My friends and I would be cramming and no one would be in the partying mood. Thus, it is rare that I actually celebrate my birthday on my actual birthday. This year I decided to splurge on myself first. As always with online orders, there was that usual excitement (like a kid on Christmas Eve) in anticipation of opening that box.



 This beautiful ring is from the brand Gorjana & Griffin Inc. and is called the Kensington Ring. This is the second time I have made a purchase from them and they are a great company when it comes to customer service (from my experience thus far). The packaging itself is beautiful. They seem to follow the same ideals as that famous “fruit named tech company.” Like Steve Jobs, you could tell they put in great effort into controlling the unwrapping experience.


 Now down to the ring itself. The design of this ring creates the illusion of a second ring that floats above the first. It is one thing to stack your rings one above the other, but stacking creates more of a cylindrical look. The way that the Kensington ring is designed, one ring seems to hover at the perfect distance above the other and creates that air of elegance. In addition, the ring is embellished by branch-like carvings that creates the sense of a living thing.




Note: Scouted on wendyslookbook.com, great photos if you want to see Gorjana in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment