Friday, January 18, 2013

Bling at Dine About Town


Today I want to share one of the greatest secrets of living in the city. Twice a year San Francisco hosts special “Dine About Town” menus. I want to get this message out before the event ends. “Dine About Town” runs January 15-31 and June 1-15. During this time many of the pricier fine dining restaurants get together to offer pre-set menus at a fixed cost. Lunch is usually a fixed price 2 or 3 course meal for $18.95 and dinner is a 3 course meal for $36.95. I love this event because I get the chance to dress up, go to a fine dining restaurant, and taste artisan food even though there was no special occasion. (Although if a special date falls on that time period, that would be something extra sweet.)


My friends and I chose to go to “Chapeau!” This is a French restaurant in the Richmond district of San Francisco. My meal consisted of an oyster appetizer, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin entree, and a crème brulee finish. In one word, “Yummy.” (A word of warning: make reservations and call to double check they are offering Dine About Town on the day you intend to go. Some of the restaurants may choose to opt out of the program on fridays and saturdays. My friends and I already made that mistake once. We still enjoyed a great meal, despite the price difference.)



While at dinner the conversation piece of the night were my embellished hoop earrings. Hoops are a pretty standard piece in most collections and these are my first pair. They were also a lucky find. I happened to walk by the counter at Nordstrom on the way to the main mall when the glint hit my eye. Picking them up, my friends gave a rave second opinion review and I grabbed them up. At home, I spun round and round to get a view from every angle. I liked them and even got another positive review from my brother. (Wow! A guy thinks they look nice too. Bonus!) But these pair were not meant to be mine. As I said, “hoops are standard,” and I wasn't quite willing to keep them at the price. But luck would have the final word. A few days later as my eyes leaned toward the Nordstrom counter where the earrings were, I saw that they were almost 50% off.



Although hoops are standard, that glint of the Nadri Hoops just hypnotizes the viewers in a way that screams “out of the ordinary.” At Chapeau! I made sure to highlight them. Thus, I left my lucky necklace at home and slick my hair back. Nadri Hoops the spotlight was on you!




Note: The set of earrings in my photos are the rose gold version



No comments:

Post a Comment