Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Resolutions 2.0, Viral Upgrade


My sports enthusiast friend said it best when she described the Lululemon yoga pants.
“Lululemon makes anyone's butt look good.”



A mutual friend needed some pants to groove to in Zumba class. While trying several pairs on at Sports Basement, I discovered all the ways in which pants don't fit. If the pants are too loose, it can look like you are “packing.” Loose fitting pants will also have extra fabric and can appear “droopy.” If they are too tight, you could have a bad case of “camel toe.” (Ah, the fun of shopping with the girls). The best fitting pants look like they are "plastered on," meaning they were designed specifically for your body shape.


This is when we finally came to the consensus that the only way to go was Lululemon. I actually discovered Lululemon about a year ago when my cousin got their “Scuba Hoodie Stretch Sweater.” This is a staple item at Lululemon, so they come out with new colors throughout the season. I am still on the lookout for the perfect color, but will definitely do a post when I find it. One thing I will say is that I love the body skimming technology used in the design.


Now, back to the pants. Lululemon has a large assortment of yoga pants depending on your needs and the store usually arranges them according to loose fitting or tight fitting and long or cropped. I like to be comfortable so I usually go for the “Goove Pant.” There is so much thought that goes into each pair that a booklet comes attached with the tag. They are made of luon material, with four way stretch, moisture wicking, preshrunk, and chafe resistant properties. Also they managed to incorporated a seamless pocket for your keys and cards (a first for me in yoga pants.) All in all, the engineering behind these pants match your form no matter how you bend and stretch during your sweat sessions. (They are so comfy that I have used them in place of leggings more than once.)

Calendar of Lululemon Events and Inspiration

This year's round of resolution got a head start. I now know the full meaning of the line from the movie “The Devil Wears Prada,” “I am one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” This week I have officially caught the cold for the third time in the past 3 months. This means once before Thanksgiving, once during the holidays, and once during the Chinese New Year Festivities and Valentines Day Chocolate binge (Godiva, why must you taunt me?). Usually the beginning of the year is spent burning off those extra calories from feast after feast; but, with the loss of appetite that accompanies a cold, I can work more on toning this year considering that I am actually starting at my goal weight.

Local spots to sweat and group running routes around downtown SF

Well, hoping everyone is staying healthy and reaching their goals. Also, for those that need the extra boost, Lululemon is also a great community gathering place for like-minded exercisers. They have weekly group runs around the neighborhood and provide a collection of flyers to different yoga, gyms, and exercise classes in the city. (Added bonus, window shop by Prada, Coach, Burberry, Longchamps, Gucci, LV, Tiffany's, and Zara...then pass below iconic scenes of the city...before plopping down for a nice cup of tea/coffee/wine at an outdoor cafe to cool down from your endorphin high. Ah, The Perfect Run).

Lululemon Goove Pants

Note: Lululemon also has a technology called "silverescent" that blocks odors from clinging. Surprising, the things that modern science can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment